7 Effective Content Marketing Tips to Achieve Business Goals
April 28, 2023
In today’s fast paced digital world, content marketing has emerged as one of the most effective methods for business to spread brand awareness and attract new customers. By creating, publishing, and distributing valuable and relevant content, businesses can reach, attract, and engage with their target audience and ultimately drive conversions and sales. As per the Content Marketing Institute’s report, 73% of B2B marketers incorporate content marketing in their overall marketing strategies to achieve long term, sustainable growth.
We at Koda have compiled a list of 7 content marketing tips that can help you set your business up for success and achieve desired goals. Let’s dive in!
Identifying and setting goals
Creating and publishing content isn’t enough – it’s imperative that you have a clearly defined and measurable goal in mind that you want to achieve through each of your content pieces. Marketers typically aim to achieve the following goals via content marketing:
- Increase website traffic
- Generate leads
- Create brand awareness
- Drive conversion and sales
Once you have clarity on goals you want to achieve, create content that’s aligned to your specific business needs and objectives. If your ultimate goal is to drive more traffic to the website and rank higher on search engines, then you’ve to focus on creating content that’s optimized for search engines and promotes your website.
Know your target audience
Creating content that resonates with your potential customers is essential to the success of your content marketing campaign. It is therefore imperative to do a thorough research and identify the target group for your marketing campaign. A few ways through which you can identify your target audience is:
- Analyzing your current customer database
- Research on what the competition is doing
- Study the current industry trends
- Identify who you don’t want to reach out to
Following these ways, you’ll be able to gain deeper insights into your prospective customers’ needs, interests, preferences, and their pain points.
Map your content to the buyer’s journey
The buyer’s journey typically involves six stages:
- Acquisition: Acquiring a new customer
- Activation: Converting new customers into buyers
- Educate: Update them about your latest product and offers so that they keep coming back
- Revenue generation: Persuade to make a repeat purchase
- Expand: Nudge them to upgrade or subscribe
- Referral: Encourage them to refer you in their circles
Identify which stage of the buyer’s journey your target audience is in and create and deliver content that is relevant to their stage in the buyer journey.
Optimize content for search engines
Search engine optimization (SEO) refers to the process of optimizing your content to improve its visibility and ranking in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Developing and publishing content around topics that are highly searched on Google, the world’s most popular search engine can help it appear on the first page and drive traffic to your website. Given that a whopping 75% of people never scroll past the first page of Google, creating SEO friendly content can enable you to increase the visibility of your business online. To optimize your content for SEO, begin with conducting keyword research and trending search queries. Incorporating those keywords into your content piece, including title, meta title, meta description, body copy, and header tags makes it easier for Google to crawl it, display on the first page, and boost traffic on your website, ultimately increasing conversions and driving your business toward success.
Embrace emerging technologies and trends
To stay ahead in the constantly evolving digital landscape, it’s crucial to embrace emerging technologies and trends in content marketing. This ensures that your content remains relevant, engaging, and effective in achieving your goals. Some of the latest content marketing trends include:
- Video marketing: According to the Wyzowl State of Video Marketing report, 86% of businesses used video content as a marketing tool in 2021. Embracing video marketing by creating engaging high-quality videos that showcase your business’ personality and educate your audience can significantly deliver great results.
- Voice search and AI-driven content: The rise of voice search and AI technologies, such as natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning, offer new opportunities for optimizing and creating content. Optimize your content for voice search by incorporating conversational keywords and long-tail phrases, and explore AI-driven content creation tools to streamline your content production process.
- Interactive content: Interactive content, such as quizzes, polls, etc., can boost customer engagement and provide valuable insights into your audience’s preferences. Incorporating interactive elements during content creation can help you create more immersive and memorable experiences for your audience.
Repurpose your content
Once you publish your content, repurpose and remarket it in different formats on different channels to attract new users. Not only will this save time and resources, but it will also maximize results. For example, if you’ve written a blog, turning it into an infographic, podcast, or video format, or segmenting a wordy article into social posts or other short pieces is one of the great ways to remarket it and grab attention of new users or those who’ve shown interest in your products or services. In addition, doing so can also help you to re-engage users who interacted with your business in the past but are no longer associated with it.
Measure the metrics that matter
Finally, once content is created, published, and promoted, it’s important to measure its performance. Monitoring the performance of your content is the best way to determine whether the content you published resonates with your audience. It also enables you to identify whether your content marketing efforts are driving results and helping you achieve your desired marketing objectives. However, according to Semrush, only 66% of marketers analyzed the performance of their content on a regular basis in 2022. If you want your content marketing efforts to deliver best results, make sure that you keep track of critical content marketing metrics and make adjustments and modifications to your strategies as needed.
Summing it up
Content marketing is essential for achieving business goals. By following the above tips, you can engage your audience, build brand awareness, generate leads, and increase sales. With the right approach and dedication, content marketing can be a game-changer for your business, helping you thrive in today’s competitive marketplace. So start implementing these tips today and watch your business soar.
If you need help developing a content marketing strategy that delivers results, reach out to Koda – a B2B SaaS content marketing agency that specializes in creating customized and effective content marketing strategies for businesses.